Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Styrofoam-Strike

This letter is from  Dan Jacobson our friend at Environment California  
I wanted to pass this along because this wheel doesn't need to be reinvented. He says it perfectly and I relate because  I won't get to go food if it's in styrofoam. I am hard core for the most part. That Jamba juice gets me every time. I love their orange dream something, and then I cave. I have even called the head quarters because I didn't want to not have my drink( and I always forget my own cup), that's ideal I know. I knew that the San Fransisco stores don't use it, but because we don't have this law against it, they still use it in Mill Valley. I heard Mill Valley is on the move for banning styrofoam, but I have to check out whats going on with that. Any way read the letter from Dan below.

We're working to ban Styrofoam containers -- to stop them from ending up on our beaches and floating in the ocean. The campaign is heating up, thanks to the 11,000 e-mails you've sent to the governor.

I think it's time to pull out the big guns.

I've decided to stop going to chain restaurants -- starting with Jamba Juice -- that use polystyrene cups and cartons. Join me in taking part in our Styro-strike.

The truth is, I like Jamba Juice (especially the mango smoothie). But as a large chain with hundreds of locations, they could make a huge impact by switching to biodegradable cups. 

So I'm not going to Jamba Juice. I'm going to tell them that I'm on Styro-strike.

Many of us already avoid Styrofoam containers when we eat out. Others of us live in cities where we've already banned the stuff. So let's band together and let Jamba Juice and the other Styro-trash makers know we mean business.

Our beaches deserve better. But how can we convince Jamba Juice and other restaurants to make the switch?

Speak to them in a language they understand -- money.

Let's make sure they hear us. Let's join together and go on Styro-strike -- starting with Jamba Juice:

No comments: