Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mill Valley steps, lanes and paths


I just came back from a 5 hour meeting about getting 25 of these amazing steps, lanes and paths fixed up for our future generations. There were so many people there wanting safe routes for our kids, emergency routes in case of a fire and so many other reasons. Its such a part of our history, and more importantly the only way we can get away from cars and become a green community. One of the many advocates that showed up was Andy Peri from Marin County bicycle coalition, not only was he easy on the eyes, but so wonderful to connect with. I was really impressed with the young people that show up and spoke their mind about how these little paths keep them safe while going in to town and school. I don't now all the legalities, but I know all of the city council members passed what ever was needed to go forth. Yahoo, I feel good dandandanada

I called Victoria Talkington after the meeting. I've seen her for years but never new she was the reason that this whole movement is happening. I learned that she and a bunch of volunteers work on these paths together now. I can't wait to join them. What a great way to be apart of this community.

If you would like to become a volunteer,
feel free to call Victoria 383.4049


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of us property owners were never notified that the city might use its powers to put an SLP where none ever existed before, across private property (in some cases bisecting said property) where taxes have been paid for years.
This was done hastily and sloppily. I would be embarrassed to be a part of this.