Monday, September 17, 2007

WELCOME TO THE PUBLIC GREEN!

This blog was created to be a public space for sharing, inspiring, and modivating public schools to be green. I lay awake at night so often wondering how I can be a part of the most important movement in history. Caring about our earth and our world community in small and consistant steps towards a life full of smiles, self respect, and loving kindness.

This work can become overwhelming when you consider how much really needs to be done, so much so that it is almost numbing. "Be the change you wish to see in the world," is what Gandhi said ... well this is my way of beginning to do just that- this blog is me reaching out to you.

Thinking back to my childbirth experiences, the wisdom of knowing that billions of women had given birth before me got me through the most difficult transitions and perhaps now I am looking to that wisdom again. I know right here in Marin County there are countless intelligent, huge-hearted people that have done amazing things to nurture and restore the place we call home.

I would love for this blog to become a public forum for all the wonderful resources and progressive thinkers to connect, share, and become instimental in changing the world! Being a mother of three beautiful children, I am comitted to creating an environment that is healthy, loving, conscious, and connected. I am hoping this blog will make this change easier and more accessible for people who are feeling just like me :)

I invite you to share your thoughts, inspirations, actions, and information with us!



No comments: