Thursday, September 27, 2007

INTERNATIONAL WALK-TO-SCHOOL DAY!!!!!

International Walk-to-School Day is by far- my favorite school event. It happens on Wednesday October 3rd. It's so beautiful to see everybody out walking and riding their bikes together. Once a year is not enough, but with some communication we can work on bringing our kids together on a daily basis. We are all doing it for our Mama Earth, but it is such a great way to be in our community and with our kids. Being a bit lazy by nature I have been known to run out the door late thinking I have to drive 6 blocks. It's something that I am ashamed to say, but true. I decided this year no more driving for my family unless we absolutely have to. Making that commitment has empowered myself and my kids. It feels so good to take action in this way. What a blessing. Learn more about getting to school on foot at this great website and if you have any questions write laura@marinbike.org . See you rain or shine on the 3rd of October!

No comments: