Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Paper in our schools (paper made from post consumer)

YES, I have great news today. Just a few phone calls and a little bit of begging.  How was I going  to get our schools to use 100% post consumer paper. I was supprized that other people weren't running to the principles office with this one. This is what I found. The good news is that most the public schools in Mill Valley support our local printer and office supplier Mill Valley Services. Not only does Mill Valley services offer amazing paper Aspen 100 ( no trees were were cut down), but they also are one of the few distributers for New leaf paper  another local business. I found out that all the schools order from the same place and only a few are ordering 100% recycled, post consumer paper. We have to change that. 
I don't know how most school districts do it,  but I guess Mill Valley schools each do their own ordering. I am sure the price is always the deciding factor ( at least that's what I gathered by talking to people today). The few extra penny's more is worth everything to our kids. With programs like Cool the earth. I hoped that we could back this up and choose healthy solutions in our schools. As  I found out today , its very simple, just choose Aspen 100 Item #cas5054922
Trish the sales rep at Mill Valley services will help you, she is wonderful to work with and is excited be a partner in helping us use no new trees. Not only are we saving trees, empowering our kids but also supporting our local businesses that have a long history of supporting our schools. How great is that!!!


Mill Valley Services 
250 East Blithedale Ave
Mill Valley, Ca 94941
415 381.2055

 

No comments: